Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

A word from Lions International...We Serve Worldwide!

This year promises to be one of great success as we build upon our recent achievements. Last year, we witnessed our Lions' generous financial support, especially by giving more than US$18 million for Japan disaster relief. Overall, donations were up by 46 percent from the previous year!

This next year, your Foundation hopes to continue this generous support for our disaster relief efforts as well as supporting our undesignated fund in order to give hope to even more people worldwide. We will also focus on building our partnerships in new areas of service.

Judy and I are excited to work with all of you this year to further the efforts of our Lions Clubs International Foundation. During the last three years, we have seen first-hand the amazing impact we are having through our Foundation on countless lives worldwide.

Early last year, in Osaka, Japan, I saw how we are providing job training for the blind, and in Nebraska, USA, I witnessed young athletes benefiting from improved sight through our Opening Eyes partnership with Special Olympics. These are only two examples of the impact our Foundation is making.

You may recall that my theme last year was "Beacon of Hope." I can tell you that it is only through your generous donations that our Foundation is truly a Beacon of Hope, and with President Tam's theme of "I Believe," I do truly believe we can change even more lives this year. I look forward to providing you with an update on our disaster relief efforts in my next message. This week Judy and I will be traveling to Joplin, Missouri, USA, to see the needed assistance that is being given there.

Serving together,

Sid L. Scruggs, III

Chairperson, Lions Clubs International Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment